InitLive is now Bloomerang Volunteer—a new name, a new look, and a new integration. Bloomerang Volunteer works just like InitLive. You can do everything you always do, and in the same way.
There are three different types of Groups: Number-Based groups, Account-Based groups, and Email-Based groups.
- Account-Based Group
An Account-Based Group requires Staff to have an Bloomerang Volunteer account in order to be a part of it. These Groups consist of existing user accounts, both claimed and unclaimed. Account-Based Groups will be publicly visible in the sign up process.
- Number-Based Group
A Number-Based Group is based on an arbitrary number of people being committed to the Event. Number-Based Groups do not require all members to have accounts in Bloomerang Volunteer and are not associated with any user except for the Group Leader. Number-Based Groups are not visible to other users during the signup process, and cannot be larger than 101 Staff Members.
- Email-Based Groups
If you have a group that wishes to be an account based group, but only have one valid email address you can use a “+” within an email address to create new users that all point to one email address. Email protocol will ignore anything after the “+” within the email address, this allows for multiple accounts with only one actual email address. For example:
- The Doe family uses the email firstname.lastname@example.org, but both John and Jane Doe want to have their accounts
- Whoever registers first would use the email@example.com address to create their account.
- The second Doe family would use doe+"firstname"@example.com. So if John registered first, Jane would use the email doe+Jane@example.com
- Any communications sent would all go to the email address, but would specify which user it was being sent to.
- This allows for schedules, reminders, or general communications to go out to the correct user.